Monday, April 18, 2011

Reflections after a Retreat

Kevin and I just spent the weekend with a dozen or so teens from the Life Teen group we help with and it was an amazing experience. As a Core member, there are lots of responsibilities and time commitments that need to be stuck by and sometimes it can get a little overwhelming. Then, a weekend like this comes along and every second spent in preparation is more than worth it. There is nothing more beautiful then seeing teenagers praising and worshipping Creator and taking refuge in His endless mercy. Teens these days are sick of being fed the same old lies by society and are searching for the truth. This genuine truth is found in Jesus and I am so honored to be able to be part of it. God has blessed Kevin and I with many things, but the one that keeps amazing us, day after day, is working with these teens. I am so thankful that God has called me to be a part of this ministry. Although going back to work on a Monday is always hard after having such a God-filled weekend, I know that this isn’t my true vocation. This cubicle is not the extent of my job. I work to pay the bills, but I minister to help fill His kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment